Technical Business Analyst
- Managing client and internal stakeholders and leading workshops to elicit and gather requirements.
- Performing investigations and gap analysis to formulate solutions and provide requirement and functional documentation for software developers.
- Acting as a conduit between technical and non-technical stakeholders ensuring information flow is understood by all.
- Performing statistical analysis of data to establish current system performance & provide proof of system improvements.
IT Application Support Analyst
- Worked as part of a Resident Maintenance IT team providing 24/7 support 365 days a year Providing 1st & 2nd Line support on site to the customer
- Applying software updates and patches
- Investigation of reported software issues across the warehouse management system (WMS) and material flow systems, interfacing between WMS and other third party host systems.
- Generation of site performance/management information
- Interrogation of data and investigation of Java source code to pinpoint root cause and propose software fixes.
- Performing statistical analysis of data to establish current system performance in order to provide proactive guidance before issues arise.
Global Product Support Manager
- Responsible for the effective support of a collections and recoveries product written in Java to customers around the world to agreed SLA’s.
- Managing Internal and external customer stakeholders and setting expectations.
- Prioritisation of software fixes for new project implementations going live.
- Line management of UK based software analyst team and coordination of activities with a Bulgarian based test team.
- Producing management information reports.
- Transitioning of the original Bristol based support for the product to Nottingham.
- Effective stake holder management in a fast moving environment.
- Development and delivery of internal and external solutions including e-commerce systems, e-procurement systems and bespoke web service interfaces.
- Resolving system issues for customers.
- Development of system changes on various e-commerce and e-procurement systems.
- Part of a two person team for the rewrite of two e-procurement systems for a major customer.
- Development of a bespoke web service interface for a government department.
- Development of an internal staff satisfaction survey application.
- Development & maintenance of services on the message oriented middleware based on IBM WebSphere Message Broker message flows.
- Continuing development of the Java based backend of the corporate internet site.
- Development of new Java based developments supporting newly launched products and initiatives.
- Assist in business analysis, liaising with third party suppliers to ensure successful integration with host systems
- Performing technical investigations to identify and resolve issues on in house developed and third party systems
- Developed and delivered integration of the arrears system into the message oriented middleware to provide updates onto the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Involved as part of a project team tasked with providing the delivery of a new enterprise service bus (ESB) and governance strategy for the control of quality of software deliverables from both third party and internal development teams.
- Involved in the design and development of a secure on-line banking application and integration with third party external web services.
- Involvement in a project for the automation of on-line mortgage applications to be pushed through to the internal host systems.
- Designed and implemented a framework for the rapid development of Message
- Driven Beans (MDB) components which were to reside on the middleware infrastructure.
- Specialised in providing solutions for the supply chain industry principally developing bespoke solutions for warehouse management systems (WMS).
- Responsible for the design of solutions in UML from examination of the functional requirements and scope documents and liaising with Business Analysts.
- Assist in requirements gathering and sales presentations to customers.
Mentoring of staff in Java development.
- Acted as a Team Leader and Lead Designer to produce a real time in store picking system for the fulfilment of Internet placed orders for a leading supermarket chain.
- Worked on the design and development of numerous systems for many large well known brand name customers both in the UK and across Europe.
- Seconded to Research & Development for an 18 month period to develop a new Object Oriented Java based product utilising JavaEE technology.
- Developed Java applications for use on mobile Windows CE devices communicating with hardware via the Java Native Interface & C.
- Originally started as a Junior Programmer & rose through the ranks of Programmer, Senior Programmer & Senior Analyst Programmer to Senior Software Designer.